Skip To Content
How can we help?

Retail and Offices Insurance

We appreciate you work hard so it's important to know your business insurance has you covered. From pet shops and showrooms to large office premises, we can offer a packaged insurance policy to gather your retail premises or office insurance altogether under one roof.  

In the dynamic landscape of commerce, where businesses ranging from small shops to sprawling retail outlets and bustling offices form the backbone of economies, safeguarding against unforeseen disruptions is paramount.

One such essential safeguard is machinery breakdown insurance – a shield that protects the intricate gears of operations, ensuring continuity and financial stability.

Imagine a retail store bustling with activity, shelves stacked with goods, and customers engrossed in their shopping. Suddenly, a crucial piece of machinery – perhaps a cash register, a refrigeration unit, or a security system – grinds to a halt. The flow of operations halts, and financial losses start to mount. This is where machinery breakdown insurance steps in.

Offices, often perceived as more tranquil settings, are equally susceptible to machinery mishaps. Modern offices rely heavily on technology – computers, servers, printers, and communication systems. Should any of these crucial components fail unexpectedly, the repercussions can be enormous on your business. Clients might be left in the lurch due to missed deadlines, and sensitive data might be compromised. 

Our team can arrange cover for:

  • Buildings 
  • Shop contents and stock
  • Office contents
  • Business interruption
  • Cover for collection and deliveries
  • Public, product and employer’s liability
  • Increased limits for stock over the festive period is commonly included
We provide expert advice to ensure our insurance covers you for exactly what you want it to cover, backed up by our superb personal service, and in-house claims department.
Get in touch with our retail and office insurance experts

Our team will provide expert advice to ensure your insurance covers you for exactly what you and your business requires

Get a Quote
Related insurance products;
Kally Shane Head of Operations for H&H Insurance in a field Kally Shane, Operations Manager
Delivering outstanding service to our customers

Feefo’s Platinum Trusted Service Award in recognition of outstanding customer excellence. 

Excellent customer service is in our nature; it is who we are and what we stand for.  We are very proud of our team and the services they offer. Take a peek at some of our customer feedback.

Bespoke retail and offices insurance, what does it mean to me?

It's a good idea to consult with an insurance professional to assess the unique risks associated with your specific type of retail business and its location. This can help you tailor your insurance coverage to suit your exact needs and give you peace of mind as you operate your retail venture. There are a number of types of insurance covers which you should consider

Public Liability Insurance

This insurance is vital for any retail establishment where customers visit. It covers legal and financial liabilities if a customer, supplier, or any other third party is injured or their property is damaged while on your premises. This can include slips, trips, falls, or other accidents that might occur within your store.

Property Insurance

Property insurance covers the physical assets of your business, including the building itself, inventory, equipment, fixtures, and furniture. It safeguards against risks such as fire, theft, vandalism, and natural disasters, helping you repair or replace damaged property to keep your business running smoothly.

Product Liability Insurance

Especially important for businesses that sell physical products, product liability insurance covers you in case the products you sell cause harm or damage to customers or their property. If a product you sell is found to be defective or unsafe, this insurance helps cover legal fees, settlements, and medical expenses.

Business Interruption Insurance

In the event of a disaster or unexpected event that forces your business to temporarily close, business interruption insurance comes into play. It covers the loss of income that your business would have earned during the closure, as well as additional expenses required to get your business back on track after the interruption.
Luke Conn-Goodman, Account Executive | Commercial
1. Do I need insurance cover for the public entering my premises?

Public liability insurance is one of the most important forms of protection for shops. With lots of people coming and going from the high street, public liability insurance can cover you if someone is injured (or even if their property is damaged somehow) while they are on your business' property.

2. What is retail shop insurance?

Retail shop insurance typically covers any structural damage to your business premises. This damage can be caused by a wide range of factors, including flood, fire, theft and vandalism or just a simple everyday accident.

3. What insurance do I need if I rent a shop?

In the case of a leased property, the renter might need to pay all or part of the building insurance premium as stated in the lease contract. Both tenant and landlord will each need to consider their own needs for public liability (property owners' liability for the building owner) and contents insurance.

4. Is business insurance mandatory in UK?

Most types of business insurance are not legally mandated in the UK, with the exception of Employers' Liability insurance. You might need employers' liability insurance by law in some circumstances so best to check with your insurance broker.