Skip To Content
How can we help?
Call us on 01228 406 290 Make an enquiry

Business Insurance

As a business owner, you’ll know that there are many risks that your business may face. To protect your business and livelihood, having the right insurance cover in place is vital. From hotels and shops to factories and hospitality venues, we tailor our advice to offer comprehensive coverage against your company’s biggest threats.

Not all insurance is the same, so working with a Trusted Adviser, who takes the time to get to know you and your business is a must.

Online quotes are great for some risks, but businesses are more complex, and if something goes wrong, you want to know you have the right cover, not just the cheapest.  

Here are some essential types of insurance that businesses in the UK should consider:

Public Liability Insurance: In case a member of the public, customer or a supplier is injured or their property is damaged due to your business activities. It helps with legal costs and compensation claims, ensuring that your business doesn't suffer financially from such incidents.

Employers' Liability Insurance: If you have employees, this insurance is a legal requirement. It covers the costs if an employee becomes ill or injured due to work-related activities and supports your employees' well-being and legal compliance.

Professional Indemnity Insurance: Crucial if your business provides professional advice or services. It protects you if a client claims that your advice or service led to financial losses on their part and will cover legal expenses and compensation, ensuring your business's reputation remains intact.

Property Insurance: Whether you own or rent your business premises, property insurance covers damage or loss to your physical assets due to events like fires, floods, or theft. This includes the building, equipment, inventory, and furniture.

Business Interruption Insurance: In the event of a disaster or unexpected event that disrupts your operations, this insurance helps cover the financial losses you might incur due to the interruption. It assists in maintaining cash flow and getting your business back on track.

Cyber Insurance: With the increasing reliance on digital technology, cyber insurance is becoming more critical. It protects your business against data breaches, cyberattacks, and other online threats, covering the costs of recovery, legal issues, and potential reputational damage.

Product Liability Insurance: This insurance is important if your business manufactures or sells products. It covers you if a product you've made or sold causes harm to a person or their property. It's particularly relevant for businesses dealing with physical goods.

Directors and Officers Insurance: This insurance protects the personal assets of company directors and officers in case they face legal action due to decisions made in their professional roles. It's especially important for larger businesses and organisations.

Choosing the right combination of insurance types depends on your business's nature, size, and industry.
Get in touch with our specialist team

Our team has extensive knowledge that covers every industry, so we’ll be able to personalise your package to suit you.

Get a Quote
Related insurance products;
Lee Sparrow a H&H Insurance account handler working on the telephone Lee Sparrow, Account Executive | Property
Delivering outstanding service to our customers

Feefo’s Platinum Trusted Service Award in recognition of outstanding customer excellence. 

Excellent customer service is in our nature; it is who we are and what we stand for.  We are very proud of our team and the services they offer. Take a peek at some of our customer feedback.

Mandatory insurance for UK businesses

In the UK, several types of business insurance are legally required, while others are strongly recommended based on the nature of your business activities. Listed are the main types of insurance that are mandatory for many UK businesses

Employers' Liability Insurance

This is the primary mandatory insurance for any business that employs staff, even if you have only one employee, or unpaid volunteers or a family member doing work in your business. It covers your liability for injury, illness, or death of employees that occurs during the course of their employment. Failure to have this insurance can result in heavy fines.

Vehicle Insurance (if applicable)

If your business uses vehicles, whether owned by the company or employees, you must have at least third-party motor insurance. This covers liability for injury or damage to other people or their property as a result of a motor accident involving your vehicles.

Professional Indemnity (for certain professions)

Some professional bodies or regulators require certain professions, like solicitors or accountants, to have professional indemnity insurance. This insurance covers you if a client claims to have suffered a financial loss due to errors or omissions in your professional advice or service.

Check which insurance your business needs

While these are the main mandatory types of insurance, it's worth noting that requirements can vary based on your business structure and activities. Some businesses might also have contractual obligations that mandate additional types of insurance.
Partnering with:
  • Covea Insurance logo
  • Markel Insurance logo
  • RSA Insurance logo
  • Aviva Insurance Logo
  • Zurich
Luke Conn-Goodman, Account Executive | Commercial
1. What will business insurance not cover me for?

Business insurance provides valuable protection against a range of risks and liabilities, but there are certain situations and events that are typically excluded from coverage. Some common exclusions include Intentional Acts, Regulatory Fines and Penalties, Employee Dishonesty and Natural Disasters.

2. Will my business insurance cover wear and tear?

Insurance does not cover normal wear and tear or gradual deterioration of your property or equipment.

3. Does my business insurance cover loss of data?

Standard property and liability insurance may not cover losses due to the loss of digital data unless you have specific cyber insurance.

4. If a war breaks out, is my business covered?

Damages caused by war, acts of terrorism, or related events might be excluded, though you can sometimes purchase separate coverage for terrorism.