Unusual or complex insurance?

Not a problem...

Unusual or complex insurance?

Not a problem...

Unusual or complex insurance?

Not a problem...

High Value Home Insurance

As the owner of a high value home you need to be sure that it is adequately insured and that the cover is the widest available. If you own a listed building, you may have no say in the scope of any repairs. You need to know that, in the event of a claim, the policy will provide a payment that will not leave you out of pocket.

We have access to a number of leading companies and underwriters who provide High Net Worth cover and you don’t have to be a millionaire to qualify. For Buildings insurance the entry level is £250,000 (rebuilding cost).

What’s more, our panel of insurers will not just leave you to make your own assessment. They will help you to ensure that the sum insured is adequate, so that distinctive or unusual architectural features are included in the valuation and don’t get overlooked.

Cover Available
Wordings may vary between insurers. However, the Home is generally deemed to include outbuildings and tenant’s improvements, including interior decorations; fitted furniture; fitted appliances and climate control systems; swimming pools, ornamental fountains and ponds; hard tennis courts; terraces, patios, driveways and footpaths; walls, gates fences, and hedges; underground service pipes, cables, sewers and drains; domestic fuel tanks; externally fixed radio and TV aerials, satellite dishes, their fittings and masts.

The insurance is on All Risks basis and full details will be found in your policy document or policy summary. Again, wordings may vary but you may expect cover for Architects’ & Surveyors fees; Site clearance & making the Home safe; The additional cost of complying with government or local authority requirements after the operation of an insured peril; Alternative Accommodation; Trace & Access costs; Garden re-landscaping after certain perils; Temporary removal of fixtures for repair / restoration; Upgrade of security after physical assault; Special alterations to home necessitated by accidental injury; Interested parties – Bank etc will be joint policyholder; Buyer’s interest – policy benefit to contracting purchaser.

If you would like to know more, please complete our enquiry form or alternatively email us and a member of our team will respond directly or you may prefer to telephone us on 01228 406290 – we are happy to discuss any aspect with you in confidence and with no obligation. We can provide quotations for buildings and contents together or separately. Most of our clients prefer the combined option.

Note: Small craft, second homes and holiday homes abroad or in the UK can be covered under the same policy.


At H&H Insurance Brokers we are very proud of our personal service. As our client, you will be given the name of your personal account handler, who will deal with any policy queries or amendments you might have. In addition to this, we offer visits from our account executives who will go through your policy in depth to ensure you have sufficient cover at the best cost.
H&H Insurance Brokers have negotiated very competitive rates with a leading credit provider allowing you to pay monthly over a nominated period to suit you.
Close Brothers Premium Finance will make a charge for arranging instalment facilities so you can pay by Direct Debit. The amount of the charge will depend on total premiums and chosen payment period but we will confirm this to you when arranging your insurance.
To claim you can either contact our head office on 01228 406290 or visit our claims section on this website which contains some helpful information.
We act as an intermediary between clients and insurance companies. Clients may be either individuals or commercial businesses and organisations. We use our in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market to find and arrange suitable insurance policies. Unlike tied agents, we are independent and offer products from more than one insurer, to ensure that you get the best deal.  Insurance policies range from motor insurance, required by law to drive a vehicle in the UK, to public, employers’ or product liability insurance, which pays compensation on the basis of the assessment of legal liability for damage, injury or harm.
More questions? Speak to a specialist 01228 406 290

Contact us

Get in touch us to discuss your needs with one of our specialist brokers.

01228 406 290

Why choose H&H?

  • Experts in unusual or bespoke needs
  • Real people offering a traditional service
  • Not an online insurance provider
  • Better value than the alternative

Independent Personal Insurance reviews from FeeFo

Discuss your insurance needs with an expert 01228 406 290

News & views from H&H Insurance Brokers

Finalist for Category Best Customer Service Excellence

15th August 2017

H&H Insurance Brokers now trading for 30 years across Cumbria, remain truly independent and offer a personal service (no call centres) and bespoke insurance cover at a competitive price – whatever the business size. 

Read more

Home Insurance Cover

19th July 2017

Whatever kind of home insurance you are looking for we can help find the right cover for you.  

Read more

Recent Tweets
from H&H Insurance