Farm and Rural Insurance Specialists

Who understand the agricultural sector and will ensure you
have the right cover for your needs

Celebrating 30 Years in Business

Understanding your requirements
to provide the right cover at a competitive price

Farm Combined Insurance

Our Farm Combined policies are tailor made to meet your requirements. They provide a wide range of optional sections and allow you to choose the right cover for your needs. Farm insurance policies are underwritten by UK insurers whom we believe provide excellent service and value for money.

For a free ‘no obligation’ quotation please complete our enquiry form or alternatively email us and a member of our team will respond directly.

The most widely requested covers are listed below, other covers are available on request:

  • Farm Buildings
    Cover can be on reinstatement or modern materials basis. In addition to standard perils cover can usually be extended to include storm, tempest and flood for an additional premium. Whether the buildings are your main residence, tied cottages or holiday lets, generally all can be covered on one policy.
  • Farm Contents
    Comprehensive cover for your farm contents including produce, deadstock, machinery and tools.
  • Private House Contents
    A comprehensive contents policy providing excellent cover for your household contents. Additional cover for holiday homes and caravans etc is available on request.
  • All Risks Cover
    This section allows you to provide cover for items away from home. This section can cover guns, pedal cycles and sports equipment. In addition you can add high value single items such as jewellery, your camera etc
  • Livestock
    Choose from a range of covers including transit, straying, and disease risks. (For specialist pedigree livestock cover – see our Armitage in-Livestock insurance product cover options)
  • Theft
    The farm contents section can be extended to cover theft of produce and machinery and theft of livestock including mysterious disappearance.
  • Employer’s Liability
    Employers liability is a statutory requirement; this section extends cover to all classes of employee and can be extended to include liability under the Agricultural Wages Board Act.
  • Public Liability
    Up to Ten Million pounds indemnity and can be extended to cover most types of diversification.
  • Business Interruption
    The basis of cover can be loss of income and increased cost of working or increased cost of working only. Benefit periods of up to 36 months are available.
  • Goods in Transit and Machinery
    Available cover for produce in transit. This section excludes livestock, which should be covered as a separate item.
  • Money
    This section automatically includes Personal Accident Assault cover, damage to clothing and personal effects.
  • Personal Accident Cover
    This cover provides up to £500 benefit a week if left unable to work plus various other benefits such as loss of limb etc.
  • Motor Insurance
    This will cover your farm, commercial and private vehicles on the same policy ensuring less paperwork and one single renewal date.
To discuss your farm combined insurance requirements. Call 01228 406 290


Farm insurance usually comes as an insurance package designed specifically for agricultural businesses, buildings, tools and produce. It can protect things like farm machinery, livestock (Including disease), buildings, liabilities, profits and produce, altogether under one policy.
If you have a farm or smallholding you will certainly want insurance of some kind. If you have employees then certain insurances such as employer’s liability are statutory. A farm insurance policy can offer you insurance against things which may stop your farm operating, or running at a higher cost, which means your livelihood kept secure.
Yes, various cost-effective options are available
Farm houses and dwellings either occupied by family, workers or let can all be included under the farm policy with rental income for let policies also available.
Yes, our policy covers you against any accidental pollution.
Absolutely, we are well versed in assisting farmers who wish to maximise their revenue by diversifying. We have policy extensions already in place which offer you cover for things such as commercial camping, holiday lets and caravans as well as activities on your land such as walking, cycling and farmers’ markets/shops.
We can cover you for game bird shooting, be sure to let us know which activities are taking place and discuss how to get cover.
Yes, HHIB have access to a unique insurance policy called Rural Protect which offers 100% protection against any legal defence claims against the insured with wider cover being available for employees.
This is an independent, impartial claims handler who can assess your claim and negotiate on your behalf recovering the highest possible payment against your loss.
In order to build a quote for your farm there are certain things which are required by law in order to be sure we have the correct information to accurately provide tailored cover. When calling to discuss please have ready:
Information regarding any convictions, motor convictions, bankruptcies, CCJs, HSE investigations and environmental incidents.
Details of any claims in the last 3 years as most underwriters will ask your current insurers for 3 years claims experience if you wish to proceed.
At H&H Insurance Brokers we are very proud of our personal service. As our client, you will be given the name of your personal account handler, who will deal with any policy queries or amendments you might have.
H&H Insurance Brokers have negotiated very competitive rates with a leading credit provider allowing you to pay monthly over a nominated period to suit you.
Premium Credit Limited will make a charge for arranging instalment facilities so you can pay by Direct Debit. The amount of the charge will depend on total premiums and chosen payment period but we will confirm this to you when arranging your insurance.
To claim you can contact our head office on 01228 406290.
We act as an intermediary between clients and insurance companies. Clients may be either individuals or commercial businesses and organisations. We use our in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market to find and arrange suitable insurance policies. Unlike tied agents, we are independent and offer products from more than one insurer, to ensure that you get the best deal. Insurance policies range from motor insurance, required by law to drive a vehicle in the UK, to public, employers’ or product liability insurance, which pays compensation on the basis of the assessment of legal liability for damage, injury or harm.

Ask for a Quote

Get in touch with us to discuss your needs with one of our specialist brokers.

Renewal Date
Renewal Date

By submitting your details to us online you are permitting us to contact you regarding your enquiry. If you would like insurance related information in the future, please choose your preferred method of communication:


01228 406 290

Why choose H&H?

Independent Farm & Estate Insurance reviews from FeeFo

Discuss your insurance needs with an expert 01228 406 290

News & views from H&H Insurance Brokers

H&H Group Launches Podcast

31st July 2020

Cutting across various business sectors, H&H launches a Podcast to offer regional updates and insights from their enterprises across the North  

Read more

Beware of Electrical Hazards During This Harvest Season

17th July 2020

Moving into harvest season, many farms will be preparing for the busiest time of year. In this article we advise of the importance of making sure farmers are fully covered as the rise in work can lead to greater risks.

Read more

Recent Tweets
from H&H Insurance